QUALITIES OF A DISTINCT SINGLE
A distinct single is a spiritual person who is constantly directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Distinct singles are no more under the control of the flesh as they live above sin and fleshly desires.
Christ reigns supreme and their interests are directed by Christ, which results in a synchronization with God’s plan.
“But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:15-16)
A supernatural single is that young man and woman who is on fire for the Lord. He or she is not only genuinely born again, but lives a holy life and walks in the spirit.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A DISTINCT SINGLE
A distinct single has many attributes that differentiates him from both the carnal and natural singles.
– Is genuinely born again.
– Lives a holy and righteous life; a life of integrity and credibility.
– Is filled with the Holy Ghost.
– Is being controlled by the spirit of God.
– Has no skeleton in the cupboard.
– Lives a transparent life.
– Totally obedient to God and His word.
– Responsible and committed in church
– Has godly mentor.
– Totally submissive to godly leaders.
– Has a vibrant prayer life.
– Fervent in the spirit
– Serves the Lord. Romans 12:11
– Has passion for souls
– Evangelizes with zeal.
– A Bible lover, a Bible student, and doer of the word.
– Fasts often
– All friends are genuine children of God.
– Allows God to lead in the choice of a life partner.
– Is careful during courtship, avoids sexual sins and keeps a pure courtship.
– Is humble and meek.
– Has the spirit of self-control and can control his or her anger.
– Never bears malice or harbor bitterness or resentment.
– Walks in love
– Walks in the spirit
– Operates in faith
– Has total trust in the Lord.
– He or she is kind and good
– Understands God’s word
– Faithful to God and man
– Peace loving
Lives the ‘Galatians 5:22-23’ life. “But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
– Lives a sacrificial life.
There is no vacuum in nature; you should at least know where you belong right now. You need to work on yourself and get out of sins and lukewarmness before it will be too late.
RESULTS OF A DISTINCT LIFESTYLE
The benefits of living a distinct life are not temporal but can last throughout generations
Peace with God
Abundant life. (John 10:10b)
Right choice making
Fervent prayer life
God’s power will fall on you
Infilling of the Holy Ghost
Demonic powers will dread you
God will be glorified in your life
Joy of salvation
Divine wisdom and understanding
Grace to live the holy life
Boldness to approach the throne of mercy
Gifts of the spirit
Fruit of the spirit
Fruitful life. (John 15:5)
Power of God
Productivity, promotion and prosperity. Psalm 1:1-3
Presence of God
Only those who live for God can enjoy Him. Embracing God in truth, obedience and total devotion is not optional. Anyone outside this circle stands to miss out on all God has in store. Relinquish the ownership of your life to God and breed a gnawing desire to consistently have more of Him.