15 BAD MONEY CHARACTER IN MARRIAGE – Part 1
– Bisi Adewale
Marriage counselors generally believe that money is the number one cause of trouble in marriage. But the truth is, money itself does not destroy marriage, but how we handle it can. How individuals or couples handles money in their marriage is simply a consonance of their “money character”. Note that money character is not the character of money, but character of the man or woman that handles money.
BAD MONEY CHARACTER
Here, I want to show you some bad money characters you must deal with if you must have peace in your marriage.
1. Greed. To be greedy is to have great and insatiable desire for money. A greedy husband will like to do anything to make money and will not like spending the money he made for his family.
2. Stinginess. This means to be mean and ungenerous. Generally, there are four kind of stingy people, they are:
a. Inward stingy person. This kind of person will rudely spend on his/herself and people outside but will be mean to his or her immediate family. He or she will never give to God, man of God, his extended family, neighbours, etc.
b. Outward stingy person. He or she will take care of his or her immediate family, giving them necessities of life only, nothing beyond that, but will never give to God, extended family or any other person.
c. In and out stingy person. He/she will only spend for his or herself but will never give to his family or any other person.
d. Chronic stingy person. This kind of person is the most stupid stingy person. He or she will never give to his family or people out there. He or she will not even spend on himself. He or she has inordinate desire to save money at all cost and enjoys seeing the balance swelling in his account, while buying food, cloth, etc for himself becomes difficult. He will also find it difficult to use his money to take care of himself when he falls sick.
3. Lying. It involves making false statement to your spouse about financial state, obligation, spending, indebtedness, income and expenditure, etc.
4. Credit purchases. Many people enjoy buying things on credit with a promise to pay later. This also involves abnormal usage of credit cards. It is the foundation of debt.
5. Borrowing. Very close to credit purchases is borrowing. Many are fond of borrowing money to meet expenditure or to throw party. It is also the foundation of debt.
Culled from my book Your Character is your marriage. Please call 08068312004 to order for your own copy
To get several teachings and message on this please join our MARRIED COUPLES’ WISDOM CLUB
By visiting: bisiadewale.selar.co/marriedcoupleswisdomclub
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MCWC
MCWC has very rich content for you to make your Marriage blissful and joyful that is why you must join the Club when the opportunity is available now, check these out:
— 250+ live online interactive marriage training banquets for you and your Spouse (twice monthly)
— 120+ Uncommon lectures already Uploaded in the Club portal (more to be added monthly)
— 50+ videos on marriage, parenting and family life(More to be added every month)
To join MCWC visit bisiadewale.selar.co/marriedcoupleswisdomclub
Or follow @bisiadewale on IG to click the link in the Bio