ANALYSIS OF MARRIAGE PREPARATION
Preparing well is very crucial in getting married rightly. Adequate Preparation is a strong Pillar of any successful Marriage.
Experts explained that components of a successful marriage in percentage are:
- Choice making – 20%
- Preparation – 30%
- How you manage your marriage – 50%
DON’T LOSE YOUR 30%
Many young people pay attention to choice making but neglect preparation for marriage.
“The preparations of the heart in man, And the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.” Proverbs 16:1 KJV
The preparation period is crucial because what a person does or fails to do at this stage will affect his marriage either positively or negatively.
“So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the Lord his God.” 2 Chronicles 27:6 KJV
Jotham prepared well in life, and he succeeded. He did not just pray for success but prepared for it.
Prepare very well for marriage; don’t just prepare for a wedding.
AREAS OF PREPARATION
“The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.” Proverbs 16:1 KJV
To make a marriage work perfectly, adequate preparation is needed. Failure to prepare is the preparation to fail.
Preparation must be in the following areas:
HOW TO PREPARE FOR MARRIAGE
- Do everything to be ready for marriage
- Enter into a Godly relationship
- Court in righteousness
- Ask the right questions
- Develop yourself to become a super husband or wife
- Learn the rudiments of marriage.
- Read at least, 15 books on marriage and 5 books on parenting.
- Pray for your marriage and your future
- Attend premarital training
- Have marriage mentors
- Get to know the person you want to marry inside out
- Attend marriage schools
To know how to prepare rightly for marriage, please get a copy of my book titled: Preparing for Marriage
© Bisi Adewale