7 PRACTICAL WAYS TO INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE
By Bisi Adewale
To enjoy intimacy in your marriage, there are many things you must do continuously. You can’t afford to be complacent. Remember, intimacy in marriage is not a destination, it is a journey that will only end the day you breathe your last.
- Pray to God to help you connect. Tell Him areas of your struggles and ask Him to take over.
- Identify early signs of drifting. As earlier discussed in the previous chapter, as soon as you notice the signs, do something fast.
- Be deliberate about intimacy. No boat left to be controlled by the wind will get to the harbor; every boat that will not sink must be paddled. Marriages don’t succeed by accident; build intimacy deliberately.
- Be deliberate about communication. Do not allow your communication to float. Be deliberate about it; deliberately create time to talk with your spouse.
- Don’t allow conflicts to go unaddressed. Address your conflicts and deal with your misunderstanding. Don’t ignore them; don’t avoid them. Deal with them lest they deal with intimacy in your marriage.
- Stay in the same room on the same bed. What God has joined together, let no room put asunder. Never allow walls to separate you.
- Be deliberate about togetherness. Consciously plan to do things together. Plan togetherness in your marriage. Play together, pray together, plan, eat, work, serve God, read the Bible together, travel, rest, cook, dress together, sleep, bath together, etc. Togetherness is the mother of intimacy; don’t joke with it.