- Bisi Adewale
Where there is no maintenance, there will be deterioration and destruction.
Learn how to keep the home in the shape you want it to be. One major problem with marriage is the problem of maintenance. It is easier to start a marriage than to maintain it. The point of maintenance is where many people fail, so, you need to learn to maintain your marriage and be intentional about it. Go all out to build a great marriage by keeping it as a good farmer will do to his productive trees.
“Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured”. (Proverbs 27:18 KJV)
To maintain your marriage there are many things to put into it. The following tools are very necessary:
- ?Patience: You need to be patient if your marriage must stand tall and solid.
- Forgiveness: The act of forgiveness also helps you to keep your marriage since you and your spouse will offend each other one way or the other in your journey in life.
- Prayer: This is also needed. Pray to protect, defend and rebuild your marriage.
- Spending Time together: Spending quality time together cannot be overemphasised. You can’t build your marriage if you are not always together. Spend time together to bond and jell; it will be a special gift to your marriage if you do that.
- Respect: Learn to respect and honour each other. Help each other’s self-esteem by giving great regard to each other no matter what happens.
- Selflessness: Be selfless in your thinking, attitude, habit and in everything you do. Marriage is not about you only; it is about both of you. Marriage is not me; it is we.
- Responsibility: Be wholly responsible at home. Do your duty as a man or a woman. That is what it takes to maintain your marriage.
- Fidelity: Be faithful to your spouse; don’t cheat on each other. Whether in the area of money or sex, be open fully so that you can build trust.