Marriage:Things To Do When You Are Tired Pt 2
No matter the state of your marriage romance can still be restored back to it, your marriage is not the worse. What you need to do is to make up your mind to be committed to what it takes to enjoy your marriage. Here, listed things to do when you are tired of your marriage.
(1) CHECK YOUR WEDDING PICTURES: Bring out your wedding pictures and look at them one after the other. Remember how happy your family, friends, you and your spouse were on that day. Will you disappoint all of them? Will God be glorified if you take any negative step on that marriage? Will it be a good achievement to be on the list of divorcees? Are you aware that this may have adverse psychological effects on you and your children?
The joy that is lost in that marriage can still flow back like a flood if only you can make up your mind to allow it.
Think twice and fight for the survival of your marriage.
If you fight for the survival of that marriage, there will be an arrival of love and fresh honeymoon.
(2) COUNT THE COST: Do you know that a bad marriage with divorce is more expensive than a good marriage? Yes it is!
The cost is so enormous; physically, socially, financially, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. It will reflect negatively on your outlook, business, job, health, ministry and children.
Don’t allow your heart to be broken; rather programme it to break every thought of divorce.
That marriage can still work; guard it jealously. Never let God down. Be a dogged fighter; fight for the soul of your marriage.
(3) GIVE ROOM FOR RECONCILIATION: The best room to open in a marriage that is experiencing crisis is the room for reconciliation. Do not close your mind against it; make a way for it. No matter what happens, reconcile, for it is better to “jaw-jaw” than to “war-war”.
Do not be a difficult partner, be a peace maker and not a truce breaker.
(4) TALK TO YOUR SPOUSE: Without communication, there can’t be reconciliation and where reconciliation is absent; frustration becomes the order of the day.
Create time to talk; sit down together to iron out what is wrong. Jointly attack the root cause and not the personality. Don’t apportion blame to anybody but apologise to one another in love. Use positive words to settle your disputes and disagreement with heart-to-heart discussions.
(5) FORGIVE GENEROUSLY. Your ability to forgive your spouse is a proof that you are a sound Christian. To err is human but to forgive is divine. Forgive your spouse and restore your old relationship. Always remember that a successful marriage is a relationship between two forgivers.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 40 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to email@example.com. Visit https://bisiadewale.com for daily updating!