ELEMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE
For communication to be effective, many things must be in it. It is not talking only, it is more than that. It is not listening only, it is deeper than that. It involves the following:
- POSITIVITY: It must be positive. Your communication can never be positive if it involves negativity.
- DEEP: It must be very deep from the heart
- TRUTHFUL: It must be nothing but the truth
- CLEAR: It must be very clear to the listener
- OPEN: It must be very open and transparent. Nothing should be hidden.
- LOVING: It must be in love, out of love and tender care.
- LISTENING: It must have a listener who is interested in the discussion
- FOCUS: The listener must be focused on the discussion, not just hearing with an absent mind.
- FEEDBACK: The listener must give a response to his/her understanding of the
10. ROMANTIC: In marriage, discussions must be lovely and romantic