SKILLS TO DEVELOP FOR MARRIAGE – Part 1
“None of us goes into marriage expecting to fail, we all want to succeed, but few of us have the skills” — Jimmy Evans. SKILLS TO DEVELOP FOR MARRIAGE – Part 1
Successful marriage is not a product of wishful thinking or prayer and fasting only it is a product of skills successful developed by individual involves in the marriage. If you desire a successful marriage, work to develop the following skills:
- SPIRITUAL LIFE SKILL: Marriage does not emanate from man, it starts with God. That means, marriage is not just physical, it is spiritual. So to make it work, you need to sharpen your spiritual lives by studying the Bible daily to know more of God. Reading Christian books, listening to messages on CD, DVD and praying regularly in order to get knitted to God. Genesis 2:18, 2 Timothy 2: 15. SKILLS TO DEVELOP FOR MARRIAGE – Part 1
To be a loving husband despite the shortfall of your wife, you need to be spiritually remoulded. Likewise, for a wife to be submissive, it’s against the current women liberation and equality movement. It takes a spiritual rebirth for a wife to submit to her husband. Continuous forgiveness which is required for a lasting marriage is also a product of sound spiritual life.SKILLS TO DEVELOP FOR MARRIAGE – Part 1
- ROMANCE SKILL: Marriage can be boring without romance. It is its absence that makes many to still feel lonely while their spouse is at home. To keep experiencing the romance of honeymoon in your marriage, romance skill need to be learned and developed. Romance is not sex. It is conscious demonstration of love and affection to your spouse. Increase your romance skill by sending different love text messages, call just to say I love you, send surprise gifts, engage in regular date nights ,stroll around your neighborhood hand-in –hand, bath together, lie down together on the sofa with your spouse. All the listed romance skills are not just meant for those in courtship neither are they just for the newlywed but they are for the married throughout a lifetime. Song of Solomon 2: 4.SKILLS TO DEVELOP FOR MARRIAGE – Part 1
- COOKING SKILL: Bad cooking has severed the marriage of many couples. This is pointing to the importance of good food to the success of a marriage. Proverbs 31: 14 – 15
Men love delicious food and because food matters to them, any woman that must remain relevant in their heart must be excellent in cooking. Though, men too must learn how to cook but women must develop their skill in cooking varieties, local, intercontinental and international dishes. Timeliness and variety is the hall mark of good cooking. Wives, learn from other culture, race and country.
- LEADERSHIP SKILL: “everything rise and fall on leadership” John Maxwell
Leadership is the major determining factor of a blissful or failed marriage. Ephesians 5:23
Many wives are suffering in marriage today due to the bad leadership style of their husbands.
Every man should develop the leadership skill of how to run a home, lead his entire family to God, lead a woman, raise godly children and handle in-laws. Likewise a wife should develop her skill in handling her children, siblings, housemaid and in laws. To develop more leadership skill in marriage, read marriage books, listen to marriage teachings and attend marriage school.
- FOLLOWERSHIP SKILL: Ephesians 5: 24 Insubordination is a major cause of conflicts in marriage. That is why it is expedient for all the parties in marriage to develop followership skill. If the husband learns how to follow God rightly, wife learn how to follow God and her husband and the children learn how to follow God and their Parents everything will be well with at Home. The husband must learn to follow the instruction of God on the role of a man to his wife and children, the wife must accept and follow the husband well while the children too must follow the father and their mother. No one must feel too big to be a follower in marriage. 1 Corinthians 11:3
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of Secret of Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him on firstname.lastname@example.org, 08068312004, Whatsaap 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com, facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.Twitter @bisiadewale