“There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is a sore travail. Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken”. (Ecclesiastes 4:8-12 KJV)
KINDS OF TWO IN MARRIAGE
1. NEGATIVE TWO: This is when two people in marriage are there as rivals, competitors or even sworn enemies. They fight, hurt each other and compete as if in battle field. Negative two are not a good two they rather make things difficult for themselves and everybody around them.
2. PARALLEL TWO: Two people in marriage can be parallel two is they are nit fighting but are not working as a team. They do their things separately, they work in opposite direction of life, they live as co-tenants and intimate strangers.
3. POSITIVE TWO: This is when two people work together as one fighting their battles together, winning their war together, celebrating their success together.
ADVANTAGES OF POSITIVE-TWO
1: TWO ARE GOOD
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18 KJV)
It is good for two people to be together, they relate and work as a team. It is always beautiful when you have somebody to share your joy and sorrow with, truly it is not good to be alone but it is good to be together.
2: TWO ARE BETTER:
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. (Ecclesiastes 4:9)
Two are not just good but it is better for two to stand as one, as God give them power to move forward together, getting better result for Their labour
3: GOOD REWARD FOR THEIR LABOUR:
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. (Ecclesiastes 4:9 KJV)
When too people work together they get more result than they would have gotten if they do it separately, this technical result is known as synergy. more can be done when you two work together as one in a team, team work bring good reward
4: HELP FOR EACH OTHER:
“For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up”. (Ecclesiastes 4:10 KJV)
When two stand together as one they help each other in time of challenges, they give each other encouragement when morale is low and motivate each when for greater work.
5: SUPPORT FOR EACH OTHER
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? (Ecclesiastes 4:11 KJV)
When two people stand together as one they support each other, they stand as pillars for each other, they defend each other, protect each other and serve as cover for each other.
6: STRENGTH FOR EACH OTHER:
“And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him”. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
When two people stand together they don’t only support each other, they give strength to each other, they strengthen each other in time of need and build each other up as they jointly fight the enemies to a standstill.
7: DIVINE ASSISTANCE
“……..A threefold cord is not quickly broken”. (Ecclesiastes 4:12 KJV)
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
When two people stand in unity before God, they always end up enjoying his presence and assistance. When a couple who are two “cords” allow God in their homes, It becomes three cord that are not easily broken as The Lord becomes their strength and sustenance, what a great thing to have God in your camp fighting for you in your team, it will be an unbeatable one, that is what couple can enjoy when they stand together in unity. While two are good and better, three is the best because God is involve.
MAXIMIZING YOUR MARRIAGE THROUGH THE POWER OF TWO
1. MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE A TEAM WORK, NOT A TEAM WAR. Work in Unity: “I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord”. (Philippians 4:2 KJV)
To maximize your marriage through the power of two, you must be able to work as a team in your marriage and not make your marriage a team war.
Working in unity is the power behind success of any team any day. When husband and wife work toward common goal, they are likely going to achieve if they are persistence and focused on their goal.
2: LET THEIR BE MUTUAL RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER:
FOR WIVES– “Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband”. (Ephesians 5:33 KJV)
FOR HUSBANDS- “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered”. (1 Peter 3:7 KJV)
For two people to enjoy a good relationship as husband and wife, they must respect and honor each other. They should learn to talk to each other in love, carefulness and courtesy. Respects in a team do minimize misunderstanding and generate love and acceptance.
3. PRAY AND SERVE GOD TOGETHER: To make your marriage a threefold cord marriage, you must get up to pray and serve God together. When couple serve God together it strengthens them and make them stronger and achieve success than they ever anticipated in life.
4. PLAN FOR THE FUTURE TOGETHER: As husband and wife you need to plan for the future together and hand your plans in to the hands of the all knowing God, that way you are due for a life time of success.
5. FIGHT FAILURE AND CHALLENGES TOGETHER. Be together in time of Challenges, fight FAILURE together ,confront challenges through the power of two. You can half your problems when both of you confront it together.
6. CELEBRATE SUCCESS TOGETHER: I know that there will be many days of joy for you, so please rejoice together you can double your joy when both of you rejoice together
7: TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE LOVERS. Talk together, date each other, eat together, play together, hug generously, massage each other body regularly, be child like when you are together toast each other, treat each other like boy friend and girlfriend though married.
As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. (Song of Solomon 2:2-4)
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of Secret of Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him on firstname.lastname@example.org, 08068312004, 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com, Website:www.familybooster.com facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.Twitter@bisiadewale