11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2
As much as we all want to stay married and/or enjoy a blissful marriage forever, it’s also good to know that even the most wonderful, ‘perfect’ couple can end up divorced.
Two people start off genuinely in love but somewhere down the line, despite everything looking rosy on the surface, they shock their families and friends and announce they are ending their marriage because it couldn’t work out. How? What happened? They seemed so good and happy together! 11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2 11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2 11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2
This isn’t unusual at all. Many couples struggle to maintain a ‘happy relationship,’ but their marriages still falls apart. Here are 11 bad habits they likely left un-addressed that slowly but surely eroded love and connection between them:
- Harboring resentment for each other. Unspoken or unresolved resentment festers and severely poisons a once healthy relationship. One partner (or even both) can think: You did this thing to me, and I can’t get over it.
- Not dealing with things head on. You know things are off, but it’s easier to do nothing about it. You avoid facing the truth or handling the real issues in your marriage.
- Turning your attention (and affection) elsewhere. Whether by having an affair or pouring all of your attention into the kids, one or both of you checked out and sought attention and affection elsewhere. After that, it’s easy to completely give up.
- Letting stress control your lives. Life is hectic and many couples accidentally let stress (big and small) come between them. But once stress takes over and shared togetherness fractures, it can feel incredibly difficult (if not impossible) to get back.
- Fighting to win. When you’re more focused on ‘being right’ than truly connecting, attempts to ‘talk about it’ usually make things worse. 11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2 11 Bad Habits That Can Crush Any Marriage part2
The longer the above issues remain unresolved in ANY marriage, the more these habits intertwine, intensify and steadily reduce the flow of love and connection in your life. Each day, love dwindles and stress builds until even formerly happy couples reach their breaking point.