Divine Help for Effective Parenting – Part 2
By: Pastor (Mrs) Yomi Adewale
You can never get parenting right when you based it on guess work. You need adequate knowledge of what it entails. Here is the continuation on divine help for effective Parenting:
(3) Parenting by AGE GROUP/GENDER
Major mistake of present day parents is to categorize all their children same way and relate with them say way, female children are not same as male children you need to understand boys world if you have male and girls world if you are blessed with female children.
Age bracket of your children determines the parenting style to use, for example
– To raise a toddler the children from age 0-3years, you need total parenting style
– For the preschoolers, age 4-6 you need to still adopt total parenting but now trying to balance some few things
– Ages 7-9 are the middle childhood, you need semi-total parenting style
– For the pre-teens ages 9-12 you would use semi-total but need to balance SMS things as well
– Teenagers are from ages 13-19, they are the most challenging set of children in fact most parents lose their children at this stage to their peers and the world, at this stage as a parent you need the cooperative parenting style, where the teens are giving opportunity to make input in many decisions you take on their behalf
– Ages 20-25 are tagged young stars, Parents at this stage are meant to adopt supervisory style, where you honor them as grown up children while you only supervise where necessary through counsel and prayers
– Adults from ages 25 and above, the parents are meant to adopt shadow parenting you are only allowed to intervening when they solicit for your advice, you don’t force yourself into their world. At this stage, if they can’t stand on their own it means you have failed as parents.
(4) Parenting by KNOWLEDGE
Proverbs 24:3-4 (KJV)
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:  And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Many parents lack the right knowledge and wisdom to raise godly children, you must not be a quack, that is raising digital children with the analog level of knowledge and exposure.
For you to be successful you need the Knowledge of your roles and responsibilities as parents which involves the following:
– LEAD your children to Christ
– ROOT them in Christ
– PRAY regularly and consistently for your children
James 5:16 (KJV)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
– TRAIN your children in the way of the Lord and the way they should go
Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
– PROVIDE for your children
1 Timothy 5:8 (KJV)
But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
– PLAY with your children
Deuteronomy 6:7 (KJV)
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Yomi Adewale is a marriage counsellor, teacher of the word, a senior lecturer and Director of studies at college of marriage success, Vice President of Family Booster Ministries International
A chartered accountant and tax practitioner
Co-coordinator of Terrific Sisters Fellowship, an arm of Family Booster Min Int’l
Author of 21 secrets of Great Wives and co-authors of many books with my husband
CEO PIC Consulting. www.picconsultingng.com Email: email@example.com