4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON
4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON-There are many things that can destroy the life of a young man or woman,hurt their destinies,stop their growth, slow down their progress or block their advancement in life. I will mention only four of them here.
All young men and women should know these things and avoid them. They are:
1. LIVING WITHOUT GOD
— Failure to acknowledge God propels a man towards self-destruction.
— Giving your life to Jesus is the best decision you can make.
— It will bring light to your darkness and give your life a meaning.
“Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up; thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust and the gold of O’phir as the stones of the brooks. Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defense, and thou shalt have plenty of silver (Job 22:22-25).
“Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner who needs you. I am very sorry for all my past actions and misdeeds. Wash me with your blood and save my soul from destruction. I promise to obey, follow and love you for the rest of my life; grant me power to live in the path of righteousness and total devotion to you. At the end, give me grace to make heaven. IN JESUS PRECIOUS NAME I PRAY. AMEN! 4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON
2. WRONG ASSOCIATION
“He that walketh with the wise shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed” (Psalm13:20).
— As a young man, your association ultimately determines what you will become.
— Choose your friends wisely.
— Some friends are ‘multipliers’ while others are ‘destroyers’.
— Who is your friend? A wise man once said, “Show me your friends and I can accurately predict your future.”
— The company you keep determines your accomplishments.
3.WRONG MARITAL CHOICE 4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON
Impatience, choosing carnally can make a young man to end in the hands of his enemies. In other words, when a young man combines all the wrong factors to pick a wife, he endangers his destiny. And that may hinder him from fulfilling the plan of God for his life.
“Favour is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised” (Proverbs 31:30).
Lust, fornication, pornography, incest, voyeurism, nudity, masturbation, homosexual activities, rape and all sexual immoralities serve as medium the devil uses to destroy the lives of young men.
— Don’t expose yourself to them; don’t associate with those involved in them because sexual immorality will surely destroy you.
— The pleasure in sex is just 8 seconds but its negative effect can last a life time
— The best way to handle sexual sin is to flee.4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON
ROTTEN REASONS FOR SEXUAL SINS
– Everybody is doing it
– To make him love me
– we will soon get married
– We love each other
– To express our love to each other
– I want to know whether he or she is good in bed
– We want to test our sexual compatibility
– To get pregnant before wedding
– To avoid loneliness
– I can’t help myself, I just have to do it
DANGERS OF SEXUAL SINS
1) Sexually Transmitted Infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, Chlamydia, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS and so on.
2. Sexual addiction. Sex enslaves its victims. Flee from it (Proverbs 5:22).
3. Soul ties.
4. Scattered souls.4 THINGS THAT CAN RUIN THE LIFE OF ANY YOUNG PERSON
5. Worry and fear. No matter how careful unmarried partners are, they will still have to entertain worries and fears anytime they have sex.
• What if she i become pregnant?
• What if someone walks in and see us?
• What if my parents find out?
• What if I contact STI?
• What if condom breaks?
• What if condom leaks?
• What if the lady is demonic?
• What if God judges us?
• What if? What if?
The list is endless. When married couples make love, all these fears are not present. Stop that fornication and give yourself peace of mind.
6. Guilt and regret
7. Demonic attacks.
8. It destroys soul. But whosoever committeth adultery (fornication) with a woman lacketh understanding, he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul (Proverbs 6:32)
9. Loss of control over sex drive.
10. It can lead to a bad marriage.
HOW TO OVERCOME SEXUAL SINS
• See it as a serious problem that needs urgent solution.
• Know that it is a sin before God (Matthew 5:28).
• Protect your heart by feeding it with the word of God daily.
• Protect your mind and never allow immorality to flow in.
• Be in charge of your eyes. I have made a covenant with my eyes, why then should I think upon a maid. (Job 31:1).
“I WILL NOT TAKE A SECOND LOOK.”
You may accidentally see a badly dressed lady, the first look is harmless. The second look is the real issue, and that is when the stain of sin can stick to your mind. Discipline yourself not to take a second look.
• Be careful about what you hear. Listen to inspiring messages and music, avoid immoral messages, and discipline yourself so much that ‘Boys’ discussions in the ‘ball-room’ will not have any impact on you.
• Take charge of your thought life. Never allow your thoughts to control you. Rise up against any evil thought, verbalize your conviction to counter what has been dropped into your heart, use auto suggestion, preach to yourself, quote scriptures and pray regularly.
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of Secret of Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him email@example.com, 08068312004, Whatsaap 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com, facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.Twitter @bisiadewale