Guard Your Home From Collapsing
Guard Your Home From Collapsing
Guard Your Home From Collapsing-A young lady was about leaving her parent’s house for the church service on her wedding day when she suddenly beckoned on one of her siblings, people thought she forgot an important item, to everybody’s surprise it was the key to her room in their family house she was bent in collecting. People around her asked why would she keep the key, the room does not belong to her again, now that she is going to her real house, matrimonial home in her husband’s house. She insisted and commented that if marriage does not work, she is returning to her room in her parent’s house. I need not let to tell you what becomes of her in few months after that action and declaration. She was back in her father’s house. The Bible says For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Proverbs 23:7.
Many young ladies going into marriage have planned for its collapse even before building it, while many wives in marriages are using their own hands to pull down their beautiful homes Proverbs 14:1 says Every wise woman buildeth her house, but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Whatever situation your marriage may be today God will redeem and save it from collapsing and if you are not yet in any contracted marriage, whatever character in you that can pull down your future home, God Almighty will deal with it in Jesus name, amen.Guard your Home from collapsing
Tips on how to guide your home from collapsing, the information provided below by the leading of Holy Spirit will not only help the singles sisters, it would also assist all married sisters to prevent their homes from collapsing: Guard Your Home from collapsing
(1) Be a wiser builder. If you want to build a strong marital home, you must learn to be a wiser builder like we have in Matthew 7: 24-27, this wisdom of involving God in your marital building project will make your home to stand firm even in the hit of challenges. You must involve God in your marital decisions, you can not do it a lone, marriage was instituted by God and to enjoy every beneficial packages that come with blissful marriage you need the contribution of the one who initiated the idea, I mean God, marriage was His own sole idea, pray to God, tell God about your glorious marriage, seek His face, obey Him and permit God to lead you aright. Hebrews 3:4 For every house is builded by some men, but He that built all things is GOD. For all married women, I want to encourage them never to relegate God in their homes, don’t say you can handle issues remember, every good things need God for its sustenance. John 15:5 says I am the vine, ye are the branches, He that abideth in me and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me ye can do nothing. Don’t allow the affairs of this world to disconnect you from your source God who is the great builder of homes. If you have missed the road, its not too late, just retrace your way back, He is a merciful God. Let God revive your spiritual, prayer, study, fasting life. Matthew 3:12 Guard Your Home from collapsing
(2) Prepare well: there are lots of things you need to work on as a lady if you want to enjoy your marriage. Proverbs 24:27 says Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field and afterward build thine house.
Many things you don’t know before going into marriage, you need to learn them, prepare yourself for marriage spiritually, physically, mentally,financially,socially before you go to the altar to sign the dotted line. Make yourself a wife material, learn many things about parenting, acquire kitchen skill, communication skill, relationship skill – managing all edition of people without offending God, learn how to relate well with in-laws, learn act of creating peace at home ( Matthew 5:9), open yourself to pre-marital counselling, allow married women who have testimonies in their marriages to tutor you, don’t run anyway from godly books, magazines, seminars that can inculcate in you good virtues to build a great marriage. Proverbs 19:14
(3) Develop Godly Character: I encourage you as woman if you really want to be terrific and not terrible, then consciously develop good character that can make you irresistible. Any bad character in you is like termite that must be quickly addressed, else it can cause unimaginable things that one may not be able to handle Song of Solomon 2:15 says Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines, for our vines have tender grapes. I recommend one of our books to you, the title says Your Character is your marriage, get this book and prayerful ready for a total turnaround in your life. There’s an adage that says a woman misplaces her character and says that destiny has not bestowed upon her a good husband. Many beautiful sisters around have missed wonderful brothers because of fundamental character flaws that are unbearable, even many married woman are having challenges in marriage because of attitudinal issues. Pray that God flush our anti marriage character and consciously with the help of Holy spirit develop good character to build a godly home. Romans 8:26 (Holy spirit can help your infirmity) Galatians 5:22-23. In fact, if there is any prominent character in you that is against God and even odd to your husband and which he and people have been complaining about, please take stock of those attitudes.
(laziness,stubbornness, malice, quarrelsome, pride, wrath, adultery,nagging, strife, Galatians 5:19-21) and don’t do them again
(4) Positive Mind Set: Proverbs 4:23 says Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. Sisters and wives, I beseech you to discard every error and negative thought from your heart. Fill your heart with good things, think positively about your marriage and husband. Stop suspecting your husband if you have no reason to do that and even if you do, make efforts at all time to save your home from collapsing, never think of quitting your marriage, a winner must never quit because quilters don’t win, stay and make your marriage work. Single sisters who are not yet marry, stop thinking about having problem with your in-law, your own in-laws especially your mother in law will love you and take you as her own daughter, don’t think you will loose your life during delivery(the bible says in 1 Timothy 2:15 that you will be saved in child bearing), never accept evil thought that you will carry fibroid, don’t look at your age and begin to think no one can ever marry you, (Isaiah 34:16 says you will not lack your mate), God is never too late, with Him all things are possible, let me assure you of one thing God is thinking about you in as much you are His daughter, Jeremiah 1:5 God knew thee even before you were formed in the belly. Always counter every negative thought with the word of God, remember your thought have link to your attitude and what becomes of you.
(5) Never Neglect your wifely responsibility. Revelation 2:4 says Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Women of God, you are highly favoured by having a man you can call your husband, don’t take him for granted, treat him with respect Ephesians 5:33, take care of your husband, children and your home front. Don’t narrow your responsibility to the kitchen only, attend to other aspect of your home and family life, the health and financial aspect of marriage must not be neglected. Marriage is like a house, to build a house you need to work and after completion, you need to take some measure to maintain its beauty. Terrific sisters, carry out your duties in the bedroom don’t push your husband into error, preserve His beautiful destiny, do your duties in supporting and encouraging both your husband and children, make your family a prayer project (get a copy of our book Ten Commandment for wives to know different areas to touch in prayers for your husband), pray daily for your children, a child of many prayers cannot go astray. Never allow any aspect of your family to suffer, be a hard working wife in order to relief your husband and make your family comfortable. Take care of your body, look clean, attend to your hair, clothes for yourself, children and husband must be neat, your husband must be fine, do not be dirty, many men hang out with friends to escape their troublesome wife. Above all, make it our slogan in life that you will do your husband good all the days of your life Proverbs 31:12.Guard Your Home from collapsing
Yomi is a Fellow of The Institute of chartered accountants Of Nigeria(ICAN) and tax practitioner, she has over 10 years’ experience garnered from two of the known big four in the world, she has depth knowledge in the area of Accounting, Nigerian and International Taxes and Payroll Solutions,currently she is the CEO of PIC Consulting.
Yomi is happily married to Bisi Adewale: a renowned marriage counselor and family