MONEY AND MARRIAGE MASTER CLASS: LESSON 1
THE PLACE OF MONEY IN MARRIAGE
Most times, people talk more about money for business and do not consider its relationship with the family. There is no place where money is more relevant than at home. “A feast is made for laughter and wine maketh merry, BUT MONEY ANSWERETH ALL THINGS”.(Ecclesiastes 10:19)
Money is needed in the family to do almost everything. Experts say 60% of our disposable income is spent directly or indirectly at home. The amount of money available to every couple determines how comfortable they will live their lives.
To manage money adequately and correctly, each couple should know the place of money in their marriage.
- It is to make you companions not combatant: Money should not be a tool of discord, rather, it should be a source of unity.
- A tool of welfare not for warfare: Money is for the welfare of the family not to turn your family to a boxing ring.
- It is a means of exchange: It is the only thing the family has to give out in exchange for the goods and services they desire.
- It is a defense: “For wisdom is a defence, money is a defence……….”Ecclesiastes 7:12. Money helps to protect the family from hunger, poverty, ill-health, assault, debt, molestation, etc.
- Wheel of progress: It helps the family to be progressive.
- God’s way of teaching cooperation: God uses money to teach couples about cooperation. Couples who cannot agree on money will find it difficult to agree on other areas of their marital life.
- Builder of houses and homes. To build a house, couples need money. To build a home and to sustain it, money is needed.
- Parenting tool. It helps parents to give their children good training, solid education and a sure future.
- Fountain of comfort: It makes life comfortable.
- Evangelism tool: Money is very relevant in the area of evangelism, crusade, revivals, outreaches, seminars, summit, building church auditoriums, mission work, printing of books and tracts, etc.
- Strength of business: For any family to start a business and sustain it, money is needed.
- Character examiner: Nothing tests the character of an individual like money. A lot of character defects are exposed by money. Some of them are greed, covetousness, stinginess, extravagant lifestyle, stealing, laziness, etc. Good characters are also linked to money. Some of them are generosity, hospitality, being prudent, diligence, trustworthiness, etc. Money is the true test of the character of an individual; it is an examiner.
- It easily exposes the level of our maturity in marriage: Money exposes the level of our maturity and dealings of the Holy Spirit with us. When someone in marriage is not truly broken and mature, his or her attitude to money will show it.
- Strength of Manhood: Lack of money makes a man to feel less than a man. Having it increases a man’s self-esteem and sense of security.
- Stability of Marriage: It is easier for couples with a financial base to have stable homes if the money is well managed than couples who hardly get what to eat daily.
- Strength of fatherhood: It helps a man to be a responsible father, husband and leader at home. A man who cannot feed his family will find it very tasking to enforce discipline over his children and get honour from his wife.
- Fountain of Freedom: It helps couples to live an independent life without soliciting assistance from parents, friends and in-laws.
- Throne of Honour: It brings honour to the couple and makes them responsible citizens both in the church and the society.
- Pillar of stability: It helps to create a conducive environment for the family to grow and become stable.
- Fountain of education: It helps in educating and developing every member of the family.
- Table setter: It puts food and water on the table of the family and ensures a balanced diet is procured.
- Love of money is the root of all evils: Many families have been broken because of the love of money. Armed robbery, prostitution, corruption, greed, etc are all products of love of money.
“FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY is the ROOT of all evils, which while coveted after, they have erred from the faith and pieced themselves through with many sorrows.” 1Timothy 6:10
Money is very important to the family; the family cannot do without money. Hence, each member of the family should be well brought up to make, manage, budget, save and spend money wisely.
Any family that will prosper should know that love of money is one of the strongest killers of marriage and family.
You can order for these three books Money management in marriage, Maximizing money in marriage and 22 Pillars of success to learn more on how to make, manage and maximize your money. Place your order now!
MONEY AND MARRIAGE MASTER CLASS: LE
THE PLACE OF MONEY IN MARRIAGE