PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
- Oba Samuel
PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
“The preparation of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue is from the Lord”. Proverbs 16:1
To be transformed means to change the appearance or character of something or somebody completely.
Every youth that want to be outstanding in life must undergo the process of transformation. Transformation is not accidental, you have to prepare towards it. If you are not prepared, you will have many things to repair in future.
- The first step in transformation process is regeneration. If you must have the real, genuine, impactful and lasting transformation, you must be genuinely born again. Get engross in God, righteousness and study His word. Those who make impact in their generation don’t mess around. So avoid premarital sex, deal with sexual immorality and its accomplices like fondling, petting, pecking, kissing, masturbation and lust. Stand with what is right, and get addicted to God, His word, prayer, evangelism, etc. don’t just be a bench-warmer in the church, be a productive worker. Always remember that only the destiny in God is the destiny in gold.PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
- Go to the secret place. The secret place is the real place where giants are made. The secret place is the place of prayer and the place of prayer is the place of power, direction, information, revelation. No matter your plans or visions in life, don’t pursue it outside God else it will not see the light of the day. Birth your vision in the place of prayer and it will speak. Vision killers, destiny destroyers can all be defeated in the place of prayer. Youths who want to go far in life don’t joke with their personal prayer life. Not just a general prayer but they take time to pray in their closet and on the mountain. Though, you may claim to be busy but create time to pray. Those who create time to kneel before God in the place of prayer will have men standing before them in the open.PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
- Commitment in the house of God. Transformation is not a destination, it’s a process. Any youth that want to be transformed must have a continuous walk with God. One major way to walk with God is to get committed in the house of God. Don’t just be a bench-warmer; get involved in the workforce by joining any department like prayer, ushering, drama, choir, evangelism, among others. Serve the Lord with all your might and resources. God will beautify your life and cause men to serve you too. If you are committed to God, God will be committed to your future.PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
- Have a vision. Life without vision is a life in disarray, difficult and wastefulness. Don’t just exist, have a vision of where you are going and what you want to become in life. Have a big vision and break it down to smaller units (i.e goals) and attach a time limit to its actualization. Vision will determine how far you will go in life; it will determine the level of your success. Dream big and commit it into the hands of big God. Having vision is good but working on it with diligence is what will make you an outstanding fellow.
- Right Information. “He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good”. Proverbs 19:8. Information is life, life is information. The quality of life you will live is a function of the information you have at your disposal. Also in transformation, information is key. Seek for quality and productive life-changing information from books, websites, blogs, seminars, conferences, C.Ds and tapes. Information informs open one’s eyes to idea that brings transformation. Unfortunately, many youths of nowadays don’t read books and neither do they seek positive informations.
- Right Association. “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed”. The kind of friends you keep determines your attitude, activity, decision and destination in life. Consider your present association very well. Is there any of your friends that is not born again? Preach Jesus to him/her and if he/she rejected Jesus Christ, separate yourself from him/her. Never befriend a lazy fellow, a fornicator, thief and any other person who will not encourage you to become the best. If you befriend an idle man, he will soon influence you to become idle too. Run away from friends that discourage you and nullify your vision. Flee from friends that encourage you to watch blue films and read immoral books. Learn to associate with serious-minded people. Success is achievable by your association with successful people.PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
- “He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls”. You can’t amount to anything in life without discipline. If you are not discipline, you can’t be outstanding in life. Those who make the news don’t watch the news. They are discipline enough to work while others were playing, studying while their mates were enjoying pleasures of life. If you life will be written in gold tomorrow, you must live a life of discipline today. Wake up in the middle of the night to pray, switch off the T.V and study your books, burn the midnight candle.
Be discipline enough to avoid sex till your wedding night. Be discipline enough to observe your quiet time and study your Bible daily. Those who are not discipline will eventually become the disciple of failure in life.
- Determination. There is no transformation without determination. Success don’t always come at first attempt. You must be determined to get a positive result despite the hurdle on your way.
Determine to be a graduate; don’t quit. Write that WAEC, JAMB and that professional exam again. Your present story may not be favourable but you can change the course of history in your generation through your determination. PREPARATION FOR THE TRANSFORMED YOUTH
OBA SAMUEL is a family and relationship coach.A seasoned speaker in singles and couples conferences.Happily married to his queen-Oluwakemi;a babe of rare qualities and they are blessed with Tripple G children.Connect me on Twitter @PastorOba .E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org