WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
- -Bisi Adewale
- WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
- What yardstick would you use to measure your level of success as a parent? Is it when your children graduate from the university? When they get married, when they travel abroad, when they buy cars for themselves or when they build their own houses? WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2While all these are good for us and our children, they are not the yardstick to successful parenting. The question is, how can we describe a truly successful parent? A successful parent is a parent whose children are successful in the following ways:
- Their Children are Blessings to the Society. For you to be a successful parent, your children must be a plus to the society and they must add value to life. They must be producers not just consumers. They must excel in their endeavours.WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
- Their Children are of Impeccable Character. Children with integrity and credibility are genuine children; they are like crowns on the heads of their parents.
“A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his mother” Proverbs 15:20.
You must work on your children and train them to be of godly character. You must not raise criminals in your house, but leaders of tomorrow; proper children, godly and faithful children.
A child who smokes, drinks, womanises, fights, abuses drugs is a disgrace to the parent, the church, and to the Lord.
- Children are Useful to God. You are not yet a successful parent until your children are useful to the Lord, at work, at home, and everywhere. You cannot become a successful parent if your children are not serving the Lord.
- Children are having Blissful Marriages and Peaceful Homes. Until your children are joyfully married to the right partners and in the Lord, you can’t call yourself a success. Never consider yourself a success until your children are peacefully settled in their homes. Despite the fact that father Abraham was blessed in all things, he didn’t consider himself a success until his son Isaac got married rightly and was in comfort.
“And Abraham was old, and well-stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things.” (Genesis 24:1)
Despite the blessing, prosperity and gift of long life, Abraham was not satisfied.WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
“And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh: And I will make thee swear by the Lord, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell. But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.” (Genesis 24:2-4)
He went all the way to prayerfully get a good wife for his beloved son, the wife who became a source of comfort to his son.
“And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: AND ISAAC WAS COMFORTED AFTER HIS MOTHER’S DEATH. (Genesis 24:67)
Before your children choose their life partners, pray seriously. Stand with them in prayers and give them godly counsel as they choose. Make sure they fulfill all righteousness.WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
After their wedding, assist them to build their marriages. Help them to build their homes with prayer, counsel and support, etc.
Never encourage separation or divorce no matter what happens. Until they settle peacefully in their homes, never consider yourself a success.WANTED! Successful Parents. Part 2
Culled from: PARENTING WITHOUT TEARS. A book by Bisi Adewale.
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of: Secret of an Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him on email@example.com, 08068312004, 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com, Website:www.familybooster.com facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.Twitter@bisiadewale