DANGERS OF INFIDELITY IN MARRIAGE
Sexual unfaithfulness can bring all manners of evil into the lives of men.
“Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. Proverbs 31:3. The repercussions of being unfaithful includes.
- Disconnection from God
- Loss of eternal life
- Untimely death
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Reckless spending
- Loss of focus
- Bitter end. (Proverbs 5:14)
- Failed marriage
- Distrust from wife
- Falling into a bottomless pit of sins. E.g from lying to adultery to abortion (murder of unborn) etc.
- Wrong association
- Drug /alcohol use
- Loss of ministering angels
- Bad performance at work
- Family abandonment
- Increment of responsibilities
- Open doors to demonic affliction
- Death of intimacy in marriage.
These and many more are the effects of infidelity in marriage. Real men know how to manage sexual pressures. Temptations will come but to be a victor, you must not let your spiritual guard down.
WAYS OUT OF INFIDELITY
If you have been falling into sexual sins (infidelity), there is a way out for you. Stop the ungodly act now! Before it ruin and destroy your life.
- Awareness of your weakness (2 Pet. 2: 14). Know your weaknesses and avoid anything that will put you into trouble.
- Run away from appearances of evil. Avoid unholy interaction with the opposite sex; leave any place where sexual discussion or activities are going on. Know the limit of any discussion with the opposite sex.
- Experience the joy of intimate sex with your spouse.
- Pledge and vow yourself to righteousness, to sexual purity.
- Expose any sexual desire towards any other person to your wife or a trusted friend.
- Be prayerful- Commit your emotion to God.
- Deliberately break your relationship with your sinful partners, avoid contact with them, and commit yourself to God.
- Stop now, if you are already in it. Break it now; tell your pastor and your spouse, asking for forgiveness.
- Read, study and meditate on the word of God