BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
Marriage is a team work. If we fail to work as a team, we turn the team into a war. Marriage is not just a romantic relationship, it is a team relationship. Marriage partners do more than romancing each other, they have to work together as a team, fighting their battles facing all issues, celebrating victories, raising children, facing their challenges, serving God and living life. These take a whole lot from the married couples who must learn to work together as a team if the journey must be pleasant for them. BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore (Psalms 133:1-3 KJV).BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
Follow these simple steps and you will be able to build a solid team in your marriage.
1) ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU ARE TEAM MATES NOT OPPONENTS: It will do you and your marriage a whole lot of favour if you always remember you are team mates and not opponents or rivals. You need to constantly remind yourself of this fact. This will put your thinking in the right perspective and help you to work in unity.
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind Philippians 2:2 (KJV).BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
2) COMMON GOAL: Every team has a goal. You can never make your team a success if your goals as team mates are different as it is in many marriages today. Be united in your purpose; stand together in your goal. That is marriage.
And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do Genesis 11:6 KJV).
3) BE SELFLESS: A team needs selflessness. This will help you to work for each other and make sacrifices when necessary. Nothing kills a team like selfishness.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves Philippians 2:3 (KJV).
4) SERVE EACH OTHER: Serve each other; help each other. Husbands should not find it difficult to support their wives at home and wives should find joy in supporting their husbands to pay bills. That is what a team does.
5) MAKE SACRIFICE: Don’t just serve your spouse, make sacrifices, help your spouse when it is not convenient, and go all the way to give a hand of support even when it hurts.
6) DREAM TOGETHER: Dream together – building a house, buying a car or starting a business and living a better life.
I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord Philippians 4:2 (KJV).
7) TALK, TALK and TALK: You can’t make omelet without breaking an egg. You can’t build a team without talking. You must be committed to positive communication if you want a great home (Amos 3:3).
8) HELP EACH OTHER’S WEAKNESSES: Team mates know each other’s weaknesses and they help to cover it up. Your spouse’s weakness should not be a source of criticism or condemnation. God brought you together to help out with these perceived weaknesses.
Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees Isaiah 35:3 (KJV).
9) RELY ON EACH OTHER’S STRENGTH: Recognize your spouse’s strength, celebrate or magnify it and use it maximally.
10) RESPECT EACH OTHER: Your contribution to the family upkeep may be higher than that of your spouse. That does not mean you should look down on him. Please respect and appreciate it.
11) RESPECT EACH OTHER’S OPINION: Enjoy listening to your team mate, your spouse. Let his opinion counts.
12) PRAY REGULARLY TOGETHER: Make prayer part of your team work. Pray regularly to make God part of your team. Better still, make him the Team Leader. You can do this by constantly taking your family cases to him on your knees together.BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
13) DEAL WITH FAILURE TOGETHER: If there is any failure, don’t blame each other. Avoid blame game; nobody wins it. Instead, make it a team and jointly look for solution to any problem.
14) AVOID ARGUMENT: Don’t insist yours must be done by all means. “My way or no way” can destroy any team any spirit; avoid it. Do all things without murmurings and disputing… Philippians 2:14 (KJV).
14) CELEBRATE SUCCESS TOGETHER: Don’t monopolize success; celebrate it as a team. Praise each other for it and savour the moment.BUILDING A SOLID TEAM IN MARRIAGE
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author :Secrets of an Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him on firstname.lastname@example.org, 08068312004, 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com,Website:www.familybooster.comfacebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.Twitter@bisiadewale