12 WAYS TO STOP SEXUAL SINS
Having understood what sexual sins are, and their consequences, I need to open your eyes to ways you can overcome them and live in purity for the rest of your life.
- Take sexual sins as very serious sins: Most young guys don’t see sex as a serious sin, “at least I didn’t kill anybody” they would say. If you really want to live above it, call it what it is- SIN!
Don’t say “we had fun”, say “we fornicated”. Don’t call it ‘affairs’ call it “adultery”. Don’t say, “self sex” or “room service”; say “masturbation”. Don’t say, “thinking girls”, say “lust and inordinate affections”. If you call it what it is, you will be able to stand against it.
- Make up your mind to overcome it: Decide to overcome this sin and end its reign over your body.
Be decisive and committed to it.
- Tell God to help you (Proverbs 16:3). You can’t do it alone, let the Lord help you, rely on His strength and power.
- Take a PURITY VOW: Write a personal commitment regarding sexual purity. List the reasons for your decision, and list some actions steps. Promise God you will not do it, no matter what happens.
- Protect your heart: This you can do by walking closely with the Lord in prayer, and fasting. Meditating upon his word, fellowships, and carefulness.
“Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
How do you keep your heart? The Bible proffers an answer:
“My son, attend to my words, incline thine ear unto my saying. Let them not depart from thine eyes keep them in the midst of thine HEART. For they are life into those that find then and heart to all their flesh.” Proverbs 4:20-22.
The best way to keep your heart is to get connected to the word of God.
- Protect your mind: Watch what you stuff your mind with, through what you see, ear, think, etc. Avoid immoral television programs, change that radio stations, move away from those immoral friends when they talk about their immoral acts. Mark 7:20-22.
- Surround yourself with people who share your commitment of sexual purity.
- Avoid alcohol because wine’s companion is whoredom.
- Avoid tempting situation: Don’t be alone with the opposite sex in a secret place. You may not be able to predict what you can do.
- Avoid fantasies and lust, don’t permit your mind to imagine and dwell on sexual thoughts.
- Get a copy of my book, SINGLES, SEX & PURITY and PURE COURTSHIP.
- Take this vow: I ….(mention your name)………, in the presence of God and cloud of witnesses, I promised and vow today……..(write or mention the date)…….. that “I WILL NOT HAVE SEX UNTIL MY WEDDING NIGHT, If I do it, let your hands be heavy upon me, let your angels chastise me, in the name of the father, son and the Holy Spirit.
Say this vow seven times, then go down on your knee and ask for power to fulfill your vow. Receive the power to do it in Jesus name!