One of the greatest things you can do for your family life is to fight for your Marriage. The truth is anything you do in that marriage will only lead you to FIGHTING FOR YOUR MARRIAGE or FIGHTING YOUR MARRIAGE.
1) TOTAL ACCEPTANCE: Accept your spouse the way he or she is. Your wife or husband cannot be somebody else. He/she may not match the picture of that perfect wife or husband you’ve painted for yourself. One of the greatest secrets of marriage is to marry the person you love and love the person you married.
“As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.” SOS2:2-3
2) RE-JIG YOUR EXPECTATION: We all have expectations but it is certain it is not all our expectation that will be met. This truth many will not like to hear thereby hurting their marriage. Nobody can meet all your expectations, only God can do that. To fight for your marriage you’ve got to work on your expectations and accept the ones that your spouse can not meet.” Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes” SOS 2:15
3) BE A FORGIVER: If you are truly ready to fight for your marriage, then you just be ready to forgive, because there will be plenty of reasons for that, a great marriage is a relationship between two forgivers.” And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32
4) BE FAITHFUL: Being faithful to your spouse is one of the greatest ways to fight for your marriage. Sleeping with anybody outside your marriage is foolish and it is an easy way to fight your marriage
“But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul”. Proverbs 6:32
5) LET THERE BE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Learning to talk rightly, deeply, truthfully and lovingly and mastering the art of listening is what is known as effective communication. It is a great way to fight for your marriage. TALKING AT YOUR SPOUSE instead of TALKING TO YOUR SPOUSE is a way many fight their marriage. Don’t do it. “Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things. For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.” Proverbs 8:6-7