OPENNESS: A VITAL KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE
“And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed”. Genesis 2:25
Openness is very important thing that must be in place before you say I do.
Nakedness that the Bible talks about here is not just about physical nakedness or nudes. It is about been open to each other in everything before marriage. The only thing Bible does not permit you to do for now is the physical (openness) nakedness, but in every other area you are expected to be totally opens to each other without any secrecy. So you must be open in the following areas.
- 1. Financial Openness. Money is one of thing that will cause trouble in your marriage if you don’t handle it with wisdom, openness, selflessness and patience. You need to be open in the following ways:
– Your financial commitments. Are you committed to anybody to take care of them? May be your siblings, parents, etc please let your mate know.
– Debt. Do you own anybody or organization? Do you have loan, overdraft, mortgage, covenants, promises, etc
– Total income. Let your partner know your total monthly income, please don’t hide this.
– Investments. Let him/her know your investment in real estates, stocks, etc
– Your financial plans. How you plan to make money, your visions.
– Your money belief. Tithing? Generosity? Let your intending partner know your view about money.