(1) Make God the head of your home- The man should know that he is not the real HEAD of that home; he is just the FIGURE HEAD. Everything you want to do in that house, do them in Jesus name; never allow self to have dominion over you, never give opportunity for the enemy of the Lord to have a say.
(2) Husbands should love their wives as Christ loves the church- Do not love your wife as your father loved your mother or as Mr. James loves Mrs. James, but as Christ loves the church and gave Himself to her. (Ephesians 5:25-33)
(3) Wives should submit as unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:22)- Do not submit as some women are doing, don’t submit as you do to your boss in the office, submit as if unto the Lord Jesus.
(4) Be genuinely converted- Surrender your totality to God, embrace Him. Do not look back, live your life for God only. Be conscious of Him, don’t just allow Jesus to be your savior, make Him your Lord.
(5) Live in righteousness (Isaiah 54:14)- Live for God, live a holy life, let go of all your sins. Run away from adultery, drunkenness, lying, stealing, anger, hatred, selfishness, lust, smoking, night crawling, and so on. Embrace the fear of God, embrace the path of righteousness; live to please God, live to serve Him. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy one is understanding” (Proverb 9:13)
(6) Build a good quiet time- Start your day with God, start your first couple of minutes with God. Spend at least one hour with Him daily before you go out. Invest your time in prayer, reading, studying and meditating on the word of God. If you don’t want stormy days, then start your day with a quiet time. Your quiet time is a good thermometer of your marriage. If your quiet time is losing quality, your spiritual life is sick.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success; He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. For more info join our fan page https://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale and visit www.familybooster.com, www.bisiadewale.com, or call 08068312004, or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org