Marriage Success Determinants (MSD)- Bisi Adewale
“Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety. Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate”. Proverbs 24:3-7
Marital success is not base on luck as many people believe. Marital failure is not hereditary, turbulent marriage is not in the gene.
That your parent has good marriage does not automatically mean you will have it; that their marriage of your parent crumbles does not mean yours will go the same way. Those things that combine together to determine the state of your marriage is what I called marriage success determinant. They are:
1. Your Relationship with God (Psalm 23:1-3). If getting to green pasture and still waters in marriage is your dream, if getting your home restored is your own goal in your home, then God must be your shepherd. Before God can be your shepherd you must be a sheep not a goat, you must be a child of God, when God becomes your father, he begin to lead, correct, direct and even carry you. He will be with you and lead you to make right choice and also be with you in marriage. Genuine conversion is the key, living your life daily for God is the access into a life time of blissful and joyful home. Getting acquainted to God in daily prayer and study of the word and living in absolute holiness is the best gift you can give to yourself and your marital life.
2. Your Foundation (Psalm 11:3). Right foundation is a pointer to a great marriage. Wrong foundation is a pillar of turbulent marriage. If you get married on shaky foundation of beauty, money, gift, outlook, talent, wealth, background, lust, sex, etc you might have sentence yourself to a life time of agony and pains; but if you base your foundation on Christ Jesus, seeking the face of God in prayer, patience and counsel, going into it under the cover of divine direction committing into a pure courtship and honourable wedding, you’ve clearly laid a foundation of joy, peace, intimacy, love and harmony in your home.
3. Your Preparation (Proverbs 16:1). Your preparation will also determine your marital destiny. The question is, how prepare are you for marriage? Are you just preparing for wedding? Most people do spend their time preparing for wedding without spending time to prepare for marriage, this is totally wrong. If you want a blissful home, prepare physically, materially, socially, financially, spiritually, morally, emotionally and intellectually for marriage. Failure to prepare is a preparation for failure. Read marriage books, listen to tapes, attend seminars, attend pre-marital training and marriage school.
• Prepare your mind to leave your parent and cleave to your spouse. Genesis 2:24
• Prepare to love your wife and serve her. Ephesians 5:25
• Prepare to submit to your husband, respect and obey him. Eph. 5:22,33
• Prepare to be a solid father and mother.
• Prepare to succeed in marriage.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success; He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. For more info join our fan page https://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale and visit www.familybooster.com, www.bisiadewale.com, or call 08068312004, or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org