12 THINGS GOOD MARRIAGE WILL DO TO YOUR MINISTRY
If you sell your family cheaply, people will buy you without payment – African Proverb.
“There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: Yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, for whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also varnity, yea, it is a sore travail. Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour” Eccl. 4:8-9.
The impact of a good marriage on ministerial success can not be overemphasized. When a minister’s marriage is bad, it limits his effectiveness, efficiency, stops his upward movement, destroys his inner strength and creates room for the enemies to attack his anointing. If a wall is not cracked, penetration will be impossible for reptiles. A cracked wall is a room and parlour for all manners of animals.
Let us examine what good marriage will do to your ministry:
1. Answer to Prayer: Good marriage is a key to answer prayer. If you desire quick
(Eccl. 4:9, 1 Pet. 3:7) answer to your prayer (which is a key to your ministry), then you must work on your marriage.
2. Presence of God. “A three fold cord is not easily broken”. (Eccl. 4:12): The greatest need of every minister is the presence of God. Bad marriage repels God’s presence while good marriage encourages it. God will never dwell in confusion. You will always find Him in a place of order. Orderliness is the order of the day in His kingdom. Any minister that desires His presence should work on his/her marriage.
3. Removes Loneliness: Pastoral work can be lonely a times. Church members may not understand how you feel and may not be there for you. In fact, they may be all out to mock you. Only your family will be there for you. If you do not have good home, it means you are on your own.
4. Progress. “Two are better than one, because they have a GOOD REWARD for their labour” (Eccl. 4:9, Emphasis mine). Good marriage leads to good ministries. Check all top pastors in Nigeria and you will discover they are all successful family men. There is a limit you can go without good marriage. If you want to go far, you must work on your marriage.
5. Strength. “Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him…” (Eccl. 4:12). Spiritually, emotionally, physically and financially, good marriage leads to strength and formidability. It helps during spiritual warfare, financial needs, sickness, challenges, church crisis etc.
6. Support. “Again if two lie down together they will keep warm but how can one be warm alone?” (Eccl. 4:11). Good marriage is a source of support for ministers. It makes you warm in time of ministers. It makes you warm in time of coldness. There is no war greater than “inner war”. No support is better than the one from your spouse.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to email@example.com. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating! and click “LIKE” to be my fan on Face book from this link below http://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale