Mindset You Must Change Before Marriage
– Bisi Adewale
To succeed or fail in marriage is a function of your mind. Successful marriage don’t start from the altar, it begins in the mind. Are you aspiring to succeed in marriage? if yes, then you will need to change the following mindset before you say “I do”.
1. Marriage is necessary evil. What you programme into your mind is what you will download in marriage. Though, many people belief that marriage is necessary evil that is why majority were experiencing evil in their marriage but be part of the few who enjoy good and favour in their own marriage by thinking right that marriage is a necessary goodness.
2. Cohabitation is not bad. Co-habitation is living together with your fiancé /fiancée in the same room when you are yet to marry. This is very wrong as a Christian. Most of the time, this lead to delayed wedding and broken relationships as the guy has enjoyed the “food” he didn’t pay for. Don’t move into his house if he has not married you legally. If you do, you are committing fornication.
3. Trial marriage is good. Just like cohabitation, it’s living together of two engaged singles with the mind to test if they can live together in love and harmony. Their belief is that if they can live together without misunderstanding or rancor, then they can get married as husbands and wives but if not, then they will break the relationship, since it’s just a trial. Please don’t engage in this evil act. Marriage is not by trial, it is a lifetime commitment. To know the fellow very well before wedding, take time to court for at least 6months-2years.
4. Marriage is punishment for men. “He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the Lord”. Marriage was not instituted to be a punishment for men. Those who are experiencing punishment in their own marriage have missed it somewhere and they need to sit down and find out where they got it wrong. Your own case is different; marriage to you is a blessing and favour from the Lord.
5. Marriage is slavery for women. Marriage is not a prison yard, so it cannot imprison a woman. Those who run the Women Liberation Movement were set of women who cannot submit to their husbands, career women who cannot live with their husbands due to the fact that they are rulers at the workplace and they also want to rule their husband and their family which is wrong. As you are preparing for marriage, make up you mind to be a submissive wife and you will become the number one influence in the life of your husband.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating! and click “LIKE” to be my fan on Face book from this link below http://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale