Killers of great Marriage pt 1
Wrong way of handling relationship in marriage has led to the downfall of many marriages. In fact, most people have forgotten that marriage is a love-affair, a lifestyle relationship.
1. Olympic Spirit. Olympic spirit is the spirit of competition. It has crept into many marriages where couples who are supposed to work as partners are working as rivals. Lovers now work as foes. They compete about building their own houses, buying cars and about winning the love of their children.
Solution: You are partners, don’t compete. You are lovers, don’t fight. You are companions, work in unity. Don’t ever see each other as competitors but as companions.
2. Lovelessness. Husbands are commanded by God to love their wives and not be bitter against them. “Husbands love your wives and be not bitter against them”. Colossians 3:19. Love for your wife should be deep in your heart. When you allow her love to depart, you are making room for a difficult marriage. Solution: Love your wife and don’t compare her with to any other woman. Verbalize the love. Tell her “I love you” often. Show the love to her by getting her gifts and give her your undivided attention.
3. Disunity. Not walking as one, no fondness, divided house is the end result of so many negative things in marriage. United we stand, divided we fall. There is no place this saying is more true than in marriage.
Solution: Walk in love, walk as one. Stand together, stand as one. Stand in unity. Join your hands together, join your mind also. Have the same voice, the same vision, the same focus and the same destiny.
4. Bad Communication. Communication is the strength of all human relationships and when it departs from any home what remains is frustration. Most couples don’t makes effort to keep the door of communication in their marriage open; it is a major reason marriage is difficult for many.
Solution: Talk, talk and talk. Talk as lovers, talk about everything. Don’t stop talking and keep on talking. Talk deeply, truthfully, openly and joyfully. You can’t talk too much in marriage. You can’t over talk to your mate, you can only “under talk”. Please talk.
5. Comparison. Many people are fond of comparing their spouses with others. This is very wrong.
Solution: Your spouse is the best guy or lady in the world. God specially made him or her for you. Don’t just accept your spouse, celebrate your spouse. He or she can NEVER be like any other person. Your spouse is a different personality created for a purpose. Accept your spouse.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to email@example.com. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating! and click “LIKE” to be my fan on Face book from this link below http://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale