Habits of Highly Successful Couples
Marriage can be romantic, enjoyable and fulfilling if we can imbibe some habits into our daily life.
These habits are capable of turning sworn-enemies to loving couples, war of words to words of love, if only we can give them major roles to play in our homes.
1. Make your spouse the number one on your “to do list”. Indifferences is one of the strongest killers of marriage; couples in bad marriages are found of committing this great “crime”, most don’t have the thought of their spouses in their mind and have no plan to be together. Lack of attention is very dangerous to the success of any marriage. Cherish the opportunity to be with your spouse. Be friends, be a companion, be fond of each other. The time you made avaibale to be with your spouse will show how much you value him or her.
2. Love-check Tongue: Let love control your mouth, highly successful couples have known how to say the “bitter truth” in a loving way without hurting their spouses. Don’t just talk, talk with love, no matter how angry you are, never speak to hurt, never speak to pull down, let your tongue be a builder at home, never be a killer
3. Build two-people’s-marriage: Make it your habit never to report your spouse to a third party, learn to talk about your differences and settle then, avoid reporting your spouse to your friends, families, parents, etc; it is a sign of immaturity, if you need help get it from a professional counsellor; your friends and family members should remain what they are, “third party”.
4. Build marriage of Honourables: Honour and respect your spouse; say it, show it, demonstrate it, never embarrass or disgrace him or her, even in his or her absence, never make the great mistake of removing the veil of H and P (Honour and Respect) from your marriage.
5. Create Time to be in your Own World: Learn how to ‘escape’ from the children, job, friends, switch off the phone and Television, be in your own world, three is a crowd two is a company. At this period talk intimately, touch passionately, it is not a period of for sex, it is meant to develop and sustain companionship and if sex happens, why not, go ahead, no crime committed
Make your husband a prayer project; never give him a breathing space in the place of prayer.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating! and click “LIKE” to be my fan on Face book from this link below http://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale