Family Finance: Changing your Family Financial Level Pt 1
-Pastor Bisi Adewale
Many things are involved if changing your family financial level is your prayer. You can’t afford to be living at your present state, you need to get better, there is something better for you. Don’t get satisfied with little when much is available. Good is said to be the enemy of better and better the enemy of the best. Learn now how to change your financial level, to do this; do the following:
1. Vision. The best thing to do is to have a vision of where you want to be, don’t just say I want to live better, I want to be a millionaire, I want to be a better person, rather say this is my financial vision, this is my progress vision. I want to achieve so and so by so and so time, write it down boldly and work towards it. It is as far as you can see. If your mind can conceive it, your hands can receive it.
2. Positive Confession. If you want your financial life to change, then change the way you talk, stop saying “there is no money”, “I am broke”, “this country is bad”, “hunger will soon kill me”, etc. if you change what you say, it means you’ve ordained angels of the Lord to help you, they can only do what you say, they only do what you say. They are your minister; if you say it is well, they will ensure it is well. If you say something contrary, you will get the harvest. So change what you say and prepare yourself for a better result.
3. Self Discipline. What you need may not be more income after all but more discipline. Change the way you spend money, what you eat, drink, the kind of pleasure you enjoy that is draining your pocket. You will need discipline to “tie-down” your income and spend less money and you also need discipline to make more money. Learn to think creatively. Discipline start from the mind, if your heart is not discipline to think rightly you will not go far in life because “mind is the man”. If your mind is full of bitterness, resentment, lust, hatred, etc you are not likely to be able to use that mind to do the right thing. You also need to discipline yourself about what you do with your time. Using hours before the television is not right, do you know that people that are always in the news you are watching do not have time to watch it? If you too want to be in the news; do something better with your life. Spending hours on the internet surfing pornographic sites is one of the most foolish things you can do to your life. Get discipline, sleep less; millionaires are not sleepers, sleepers have poverty as their sleep mates.
4. Diligence. “Seeth thou a man that is diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings, he shall not stand before mean men”. Proverbs 22:29. You can’t be lazy and turn things around. No! you can’t be fond of tying towel round your waist by 10:00am on Monday morning and amount to anything in life. No, you can’t. Hard work is the answer to hard life, if you sleep when you suppose to be working, you will beg when you suppose to be a giver.
5. Right Association. Association determines position. Your company determines your destiny. People you go out with will determine whether you will go up or down. Your best friend should be your God, you can’t go far without him, you need to be genuinely born again and live for God because righteousness exalts a nation, sin is a reproach to anybody. Your friend should be somebody who love God and live according to His dictates, if they are not; they will help you to waste your life and destiny. When you have good friends, they make you better. “Iron sharpneth iron, so a man sharpenth the countenance of his friends”. Proverbs 27:17. Avoid keeping company with opposite sex that will lead you to immorality and errors. If you must have sex then go back home to your wife, don’t destroy your life, be wise.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to email@example.com. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating!