Killers of Peace in Marriage Pt IV
1. Olympic spirit. This is another killer of peace in marriage. Olympic spirit is the spirit of competition. Couples with this spirit are known to compete for leadership at home. They compete about buying of properties and building of houses, they compete to get the attention and love of their children. Olympic spirit is a bad spirit in any marriage; it is a spirit of contention and division.
2. Unfaithfulness. Having sex outside marriage has a very high possibility of destroying trust, breed hatred and destroy marriage. Get all the sex you need from your wife, don’t look elsewhere for it, don’t destroy your marriage. (Proverbs 5:3-5, 7:24-27)
3. Behaving like Jesus before wedding, turning to Judas after. We are always at our best before wedding, loving, caring, pampering, communicating, giving attention and affection, with intoxicating love, but as soon as we leave the altar and honey moon ends, we turn to another things; bringing out the worst in us, shouting, criticizing, condemning, comparing, with high level of hatred, contention, unforgiveness, it is a case of starting as if we are Jesus but ending as Judas. SOS 8:1-3.
4. Lack of Romance. Our marriages starts as a very deep romance, with high level of intimacy and bonding, with joyful interaction and thoughtful actions, but soon after the birth of the first child, we do lose touch with romance and playfulness. Our marriages become dry and drab, leading to lukewarm marriage and dead affection. This will then give room for offences, misunderstanding, hurts, and bitterness. If our marriages must be peaceful, we must return to the days of playfulness, humour and romance. (Eccl. 9:9, SOS 2:4)
5. Boredom in the bedroom. Bedroom is the strong room of any family life. Without the strong bedroom, marriage is at risk. Don’t allow boredom in your bedroom, sex in marriage is holy, righteous and acceptable. God is involved in it; it is something that must be done joyfully, consistently and creatively with one’s spouse and in secret. Wives should understand their husband’s sexual make-up and know that men are more aggressive than women as far as bedroom is concern and that one way to keep one’s marriage is by having sex creatively with one’s husband.
Husband should know that women needs love outside the bedroom, don’t just love her for sex, attend to her during the day, be a day light lover, don’t be a midnight ‘robber’. Husbands should also understand that wives need long foreplay before sex, don’t rape your wife, make love. (Proverbs 5:15-19)
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success, He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. He is the host of family T.V. program called Family Booster Moments.
Get daily lesson and teaching and articles from his blog: bisiadewale.com and You can also get his resources and also send an mail to email@example.com. for any counselling issue. Visit http://www.bisiadewale.com for daily updating!