MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE A LOVE AFFAIR
1.Remain Friends: Never outgrow friendship, remain connected. Care, love, jokes, play, are all acts of friendship; be committed to them. Making Marriage A Love Affair
2. Spend Quality Time Together: Togetherness is said to be the soul of marriage. In fact, the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E. Never allow the demands of modern day life squeeze the life out of your marriage. Spend quality time together. talk. Keep on talking, express your minds in love, let there be deep and heartfelt discussions. Be open, be close to each other, and be talking partners. Talk, looking straight into each other’s eyes. Talk, touching each other; be intimate. Be lovers.
3. Create an Atmosphere for Romance: Be vulnerable, jovial, laugh easily, be playful, be childlike, look forward to being together, love each other’s company. Don’t be tired of romance, be creative and thoughtful; just do it.
4. Create Time for Recreation: Your marriage can not thrive if you are always on the fast lane of life. Slow down, create time to rest together, relax and play. When last have you relaxed together? When last have you been together just to play? Communication can only get to the peak and you can remain intimate as you relax together.
5. Give Gifts: Lovers exchange gifts. Give gifts to your spouse, don’t wait till his or her birthday, do it now. Go ahead, celebrate your spouse through giving. Give generously; one good way to show love is to give. “For God so loved the world and gave His only begotten son………” John 3:16.
6. Celebrate Each Other: Be excited about each other. Look forward to meeting each other and be glad to be together. Be proud of each other, and use every opportunity to celebrate each other with excitement.
7. Celebrate Special Days: Your spouse’s birthday should not go unnoticed; celebrate it. Make it the most important day in your life and do everything to always make it remarkable.
Also don’t forget your wedding anniversary day, father’s day, mother’s day and some other special days in your life. Do everything to celebrate them, just for your spouse.
8. Be generous with appreciation: Everybody loves to be appreciated; do it to your spouse, do it now! Appreciate everything and stop being critical. Women get better when they are appreciated for good looks and good food.
9. Forgive Generously: For you to retain the fire of love in your marriage, you must be ready to be a generous forgiver. No matter how good your marriage is, no matter how strong you are as a Christian, you will still offend each other, that is why you must cultivate the habit of quick and total forgiveness.
Making Marriage A Love Affair
Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert. He is the president of college of marital success. He has authored more than 70 books, a renowned international conference speaker and marriage counselor, the host of T.V program called family booster, and the set man of family booster ministry.
You can get his life changing books and free resources on marriage, relationship and family at http://www.bisiadewale.com.